Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing 3 - RSS: This could go on forever!

I'm using Google Reader for my RSS feed. This was easy to do. I added subscriptions for three MINITEX blogs: Digital Reference, Reference Services, and MnLINK VDX. We use VDX for the staff side of MnLINK ILL at work, so it will be handy to see when the blog is updated with new information, which is always helpful in our daily work with the VDX system. I also added Gary Price's ResourceShelf, It's All Good (a blog, written by 5 OCLC staff members, about things that impact libraries), the new WorldCat Blog (yay, WorldCat!), and BlogJunction Minnesota.
I also added a few of the 23 Things blogs and some non-library related blogs and news resources.

It is so easy to subscribe to the feeds. In Google Reader, it is simply a matter of pasting a URL to the Add Subscription box; or, it is easy to simply click on the RSS icon on the chosen websites/blogs, choose Google Reader from a drop down menu, and add the site to the list in the Reader.

I could spend hours subscribing to additional blogs, news feeds, and more, but I think I had better move on to Thing 4!

No comments: